Cattle Crushes - The Myths About Choosing The Right Crush Debunked
1. Myth: All crushes have the same features.
FACT: There are different design features you need to review before purchasing a crush. These include the yoke gate and latching system, protruding handles and levers, squeeze system, side exit, general or overall construction, options and yoke gate style. ().
2. Myth: The width of the crush is the same no matter which crush I use.
FACT: Busted by, a curved crush can have extra width. The height will also vary slightly depending on your breed of cattle.
3. Myth: Yoke gates and cattle crushes provide similar restraint.
FACT: Actually, a squeeze crush provides greater control over the animal. ().
4. Myth: I can build a yoke gate, and it will work as well as one I can purchase.
FACT: Home made, wooden, and purchased guillotine-style gates are dangerous. The safest and most efficient choices are heavy-duty, adjustable, walk-through, self-catching or scissor-type steel yoke gates. Handles should be out of your way, and the yoke gate should catch cattle by the side of the neck to minimize choking. ().
5. Myth: Hydraulic crushes are only for large operations.
FACT: With a, you can make a better experience for the cattle with quieter equipment and a more efficient system for you and your employees.
Originally published on arrowquip.com.