Head Scoop for Cattle Crush and Head Restraint Options
Choose your Cattle Head Restraint Model
3rd Generation Cattle Head Scoop
Product Code: QC920
Cattle Chin Bar
Product Code: CHBR
Hydraulic Head Sweep
Product Code: HYD-HDSWP
Fill out this form to receive your product brochure:
3rd Generation Cattle Head Scoop
The 3rd Generation Q-Catch® Cattle Head Scoop takes cattle control to a new level, with enhanced control and durability for optimal performance. Featuring an upgraded design with thicker and heavier components, the 3rd Gen Head Scoop ensures you can perform treatments on your cattle safely and easily, no matter their size or temperament. The Head Scoop is made up of two pieces – a bottom bar with scoop for cattle to rest their chin and top bar to secure the head and prevent thrashing. The two pieces move in a synchronized, scissor-style motion to clamp around the animal’s head securely and provide the handler with up-close access to the animal’s head without placing unnecessary stress on the animal.
Patented Single Lever Operation
The Q-Catch Head Scoop is operated with a single, user-friendly handle that allows you to secure the cows head in place with a smooth motion. The dual friction lock automatically engages without the need for a secondary lock or latch, providing secure cattle head control in any position.
Calms Cattle Down Immediately
The moment the Head Scoop is secured around their neck, even the most riled up cattle will calm down to be worked safely. The scoop provides cattle with a place to rest their head comfortably while procedures are competed, and the top bar ensures they cannot throw their head around and injure the handlers who are working them. As an added bonus, cattle who are secured in the head restraint cannot lay down in the crush, preventing annoying processing delays.
Improved Heavy-Duty Frame
The latest model of Q-Catch Cattle Head Scoop features an improved and bulked up frame that makes it tougher and more durable than ever, and provides a more secure hold with the top bar located closer to the head gate than previous models. The heavy-duty frame ensures you can control even the largest bulls and prevent thrashing, to keep handlers and livestock safe.
The Head Scoop is designed specifically for use on Arrowquip cattle crush models, including the Q-Catch 87 and 74 Series and Q-Power 107 and 104 Series cattle crushes. The Yoke Gates on these models allow you to adjust the height to work with cattle of varying sizes with two tension bolts.
- Known throughout the industry as the best cattle head scoop
- Enhanced, heavy-duty frame
- Q-Catch yoke gate locking pin can be used to secure the cattle head scoop in the upright position when not in use
- Height can be adjusted to work with animals of any size
- Patent pending dual friction lock with infinite adjustments is backed by a lifetime guarantee
- Patented single lever controls
- Cattle head scoop cradles the head comfortably
- Compact design ensures the head scoop stays out of the way when not in use
- Simplifies procedures such as ear tagging, treating pink-eye, dehorning, and more
- Helps to keep cattle calm during stressful procedures such as AI and veterinary testing
- Scissor-style clamp allows handlers to safely access the animal's head without danger of cattle thrashing around
Cattle Chin Bar
The Chin Bar is a simple and effective cattle restraint that lifts the animals head to provide better access to the neck. This simplified version of our famous Q-Catch Head Scoop shares the same locking mechanism for infinite adjustments, allowing you to secure the chin bar in any position using the latch. This basic head restraint keeps the animals head raised to provide the handler with improved access and control during procedures such as ear tagging.
The Chin Bar can be adjusted on the Q-Catch and Q-Power yoke gates easily with a pair of tension bolts, making it possible to use with livestock of any size or age.
Cattle Head Scoop Included
A unique feature of the Arrowquip Chin Bar is the addition of the scoop on the bar that allows the cows head to rest comfortably as procedures are completed.
Elongates the Neck
The Chin Bar lifts the head in an upward motion, elongating the neck to minimize thrashing and movement in cattle of all sizes while secured in the yoke gate.
Actively Prevents Going Down in the Crush
The Chin Bar acts as a support for the animal, actively preventing the ability for them to lay down in the crush which can cause significant processing delays.
- Infinite locking mechanism
- Secondary latch required to secure the chin bar in place
- Head Scoop allows the cows head to rest on the bar more comfortably than a straight piece of steel
- Compact design ensures it remains out of the way of handlers when not in use
- Provides good access for tasks such as ear tagging and pink eye treatment
- Minimizes the likelihood of thrashing by elongating the animal’s neck
Hydraulic Head Sweep
The Hydraulic Head Sweep is a gentle and effective option that sweeps the cow’s head to one side to minimize movement and control their head. This head restraint is made up of a straight bar that is mounted on the head gate of your Q-Power 107 Series hydraulic crush, and is available in single or double bar based on your preferred way of working cattle. The Head Sweep is controlled by the hydraulics on your cattle crush for a more efficient cattle working experience.
Controls Mounted on the Swing Arm
Head Sweep controls are mounted on the pivoting swing arm, enabling you to control the flow of cattle easily and effectively from any point on either side of your crush.
Secures the Animal's Head
The Head Sweep gently pushes the cows head to one side, to provide the handler with better access to the neck to administer injections and complete other processing tasks.
No Manual Work
Hydraulic Power means less work for you, and can help save your back during a long day of working livestock.
Best When Combined with a Sternum Bar
The Head Sweep does not support the bottom of the animal’s head, which may increase the possibility that a cow will go down in the crush under stress. Adding a sternum bar is a great option to keep your cattle upright in the crush and minimize processing delays caused by downed cattle.
- Hydraulically powered head restraint
- Gently sweeps the cow’s head to one side to control movement
- Controls mounted on the pivoting control arm
- Must be installed at the time of manufacture
What cattle head restraint option is right for me?
|3rd Generation Cattle Head Scoop||Chin Scoop for Cattle Crush||Hydraulic Cattle Head Sweep|
|Available on Manual or Hydraulic Models||Both||Both||Hydraulic Only|
|Prevents Going Down in the Crush||Yes||Yes||No|
|Can be added to your crush at any time||Yes||Yes||No|
- Related Blog -Read Full Article
Thank you for your interest in Arrowquip! Fill out the short form below and someone from our team will contact you within one business day. In the meantime, you can also check out our FAQ section.