3E BudFlow® Cattle Forcing Pen
A Cattle Force Pen Built Around Animal Science
3 models available:
8' Radius| 10' Radius| 12' Radius
Arrowquip’s 3E™ BudFlow® Forcing Pen uses natural cattle behaviour and light to create efficient flow. By incorporating the 3E System in the BudFlow Forcing Pen design, cattle are instinctively drawn to areas where more light can be seen which allows you to guide them into the race effortlessly. Whether you are working with a small group of cattle or running a large group through a system, the 3E BudFlow Forcing Pen is designed to maximize efficiency and profitability, allowing you to have time for more important things in life.
The 3E BudFlow Forcing Pen is available as a stationary unit, and as an option on the Portable Q-Catch 86 Series Cattle Crush, Race & Forcing Pen, & the Portable Race & Forcing Pen.Get Your 3E BudFlow® Forcing Pen Brochure
Fill out this form to receive your 3E BudFlow® Forcing Pen brochure:
Choose your 3E BudFlow® model
Model: 8' Radius
Weight: 746 kg
Dimensions: 4908mm Wide x 2185mm High x 4834mm Long
Number of Adult Cattle: Max 3-4
Minimum Race Length: 16' (2x-8' Races)
Model: 10' Radius
Weight: 969 kg
Dimensions: 6135mm Wide x 2185mm High x 6104mm Long
Number of Adult Cattle: Max 6-7
Minimum Race Length: 30' (3x-10' Races)
Model: 12' Radius
Weight: 1117 kg
Dimensions: 7316mm Wide x 2185mm High x 7245mm Long
Number of Adult Cattle: Max 9-10
Minimum Race Length: 40' (4x-10' Races)
NEW 3E™ System [PATENT-PENDING]
The 3E System makes use of light and cattle behavior to create flow, allowing for easy entry and exit. By strategically placing low 851mm sheeted panels across the point of entry and next to the forcing pen exit, cattle are drawn into the right direction as they see more light. The 3E BudFlow Forcing Pen greatly improves how cattle flow through the pen into the race by using cattle psychology to your advantage, allowing you to save time and effort. Find out more about the 3E System here.
The 3E BudFlow Forcing Pen is designed for durability and long-term use. To withstand extreme weather conditions, the pen is powder-coated with high-quality materials. The 1.63mm sheeted panels bolt firmly together and are stabilized by joiner bars connecting to the center of the pen. For additional support, the 12’ pen features welded stays to accommodate the larger size and provide structural integrity.
Work Your Way
The 3E BudFlow Forcing Pen is designed to use cattle psychology to your advantage no matter how you like to work your livestock.
The Budflow Forcing Pen with the 3E System is designed to create flow using light and cattle behavior. With the 3E Budflow Forcing Pen design, cattle instinctively turn around and approach the race willingly by seeing more light through the low-sheeted panels. When working livestock through a system ending with a crush, you can use the 3E Budflow Forcing Pen to apply the start-stop method easily.
How 3E BudFlow Works:
- Cattle enter the 3E Budflow Forcing Pen by seeing light through the 3E panels, and you close the entry gate behind them
- Cattle naturally turn back to where they entered
- Cattle approach the open access to the race
- Cattle move easily into the race with no force
- If a cow hesitates to exit the pen, the next one can take charge and continue flow
Do More With S-Flow
An S-Flow System generates constant flow of cattle by incorporating arcs into full handling systems. S-Flow is best applied when handling large groups of cattle for drafting or loading into a trailer. Based on cattle’s instinct to follow curves, consistent movement can be maintained as they are repeatedly convinced that they are escaping. You can easily create the draw required to initiate crowd movement with the 3E Budflow Forcing Pen because of its ¾ circular design. By leading cattle into a curved Easy Flow Race System, you are able to apply the S-Flow concept completely and efficiently.
Working S-Flow With 3E Budflow
- Cattle enter the pen through the back gate
- Cattle see light through the low-sheeted panels and follow the circular shape of the pen
- Cattle round the pen and see others through the low-sheeted panel, drawing them out of the pen
- Cattle easily enter the open access to the races
- The S-Flow system is continued with curved races leading to the draft or trailer
- The operator can use point of balance handling techniques to maintain continuous flow
The pen is designed to be operated from the outside, allowing the farmer to guide cattle into the race system by utilizing point of balance handling techniques through the railings. If needed, the force gate can be activated to assist in directing cattle into the right direction without having to be inside the pen. For added safety, the force gate features a lock that prevents cattle from pushing back against the gate.
To reduce noise caused by metal clanging, the 3E BudFlow Forcing Pen features caulked sheet metal and a rubber bushing on the force gate lock which absorbs impact. The panels also bolt tightly together to eliminate rattling.
Thank you for your interest in Arrowquip! Fill out the short form below and someone from our team will contact you within one business day. In the meantime, you can also check out our FAQ section.
3E BudFlow® Cattle Forcing Pen Specifications
- Adheres to low-stress cattle handling techniques
- Works with cattle psychology
- Sheeted panels allow the operator to utilize point of balance handling techniques
- Low 851mm sheeting on the first panel and the additional exit panel, allowing cattle to see more light
- Force gate can be used to assist animals in the right direction, if necessary
- Force gate lock assists in sweeping so cattle are unable to push the gate back
- Force gate is designed to ensure operator safety
- Rectangular tubing limits cattle bruising and injury
- Sheet metal is caulked to reduce noise
- High capacity
- Simple four-step assembly
- Durable clips connect the BudFlow® Forcing Pen with other Arrowquip products seamlessly
- 1.6mm steel sheeting
- Panels bolt together for structural integrity
- Powder-coated steel ensures long-term durability of the equipment
- Panels are stabilized by joiner bars connecting to the center of the pen
- Rubber bushing on the force gate lock cushions impact to reduce metal clanging
- Panels are bolted together to eliminate metal rattling
- Center post features a rubber bumper to eliminate the gap between the post and back gate